Saturday, September 18, 2010

Pink & Brown

A classic and sophisticated "Mommy Favorite" for sure!

A girlfriend of mine had mentioned that she was going to be attending a babyshower, for all of you that know me, you can probably picture this... "OOoo... Please, Please, Please!" I wanted to paint something for her. Especially once I found out it included houndstooth! Yes, I said houndstooth. It's not weird that I get excited about patterns, is it? I mean... I get really excited. Like, Christmas morning excited. I don't think I'm weird. ;)

Once I got my hands on a picture of the bedding, I selected the complementing colors, and then the painting began!

By:




Here's what I came up with...

The clean and simple lines mixed with polka-dots are one of my favorite combinations. A fun way to add some pizzaz to hard to reach places.

Personalizing this step with her name will be something special for her to use for many years.

I loved adding a little something special inside for her as well.

Simple and Stylish!



This step stool stands 13"H x 12.5"D x 12"W
The wall letters are 8.5" tall in Ravie font
Everything is sanded, primed and painted with non-toxic acrylic paint. Then sealed with a few coats of protectant.


I hope you like it! I know I say this all the time, but I really had a lot of fun painting it!


Thanks!
Janell

janell@lovebugsdesign.com

No comments:

Post a Comment